Followers

Thursday 12 April 2012

Birds and "Stick"- Pea Burgers


While doing the dishes I looked out of the window and saw two woodpeckers (northern flicker) on the grass, occupied with showing off to each other. Luckily my camera was handy and I took some shots. 
Wasn't that funny? But i became funnier.
The plan was to make false burgers (pumpkin chickpea burger) for supper. I cooked kidney- and great northern beans and mixed ingredients and cooled the whole. For my version of the burger see here: Thursday, April 12
"What are you cooking, it smells funny?" asked hubby. I wouldn't tell hence he got a prejudice.
Additionally I fixed some shepherds-pie for J.P., incase he wouldn't eat my burgers. 
You never know.
When he tried the burger, (mmmh THAT tastes GOOD!), he smiled over the table towards me saying: 
"This is somthing you made from these "STICK-peas" you cooked earlier this morning, right?" 
I laughed so hard that my tears run down my face!


STICK-PEAS! 


"You know, there are stick-pills and chick-peas, but nothing like "Stick-Peas!" 
Oh these funny husbands! We had a good laugh both of us, and I was still giggling while doing the dishes.
Now we have a dish called:
"Peter's Stick-Pea Burgers."
Shephards pie, salad, and Stick-Pea-Burger
Heute hatte ich Glück und konnte ein paar Spechte auf Film bannen, die sich gegenseitig den Hof machten.



Zum Abendessen waren vegetarische Frikadellen geplant. Schon am Morgen hatte ich die Bohnen gekocht, mit Gewürzen gemixt und das Ganze kalt gestellt. "Was kochst du den da, das riecht so komisch?",fragte mein Göttergatte. Das wurde aber noch nicht verraten. Er sollte sich kein Vorurteil machen.
Sicherheitshalber habe ich dann noch für ihn ein Bauernfrühstück zubereitet, man weiß ja nie.
Dann haben wir sehr viel lachen müssen, denn als er die Frikadellen probiert hatte und als sehr lecker einstufte, sagte er etwas was man schlecht ins Deutsche übersetzen kann.
Er fragte ob es die STICK Bohnen waren, die ich gekocht hätte.
Es gibt "stick pills" das sind Zäpfchen und "chick-peas", also
Kichererbsen, ja aber keine (Zäpfchen-Erbsen). Es hörte sich so lustig and das wir einen Lachanfall bekamen. 
Diese Frikadellen heißen von heute an bei uns: Stick-Pea Frikadellen.

1 comment:

  1. I love the bird pictures and the woodpeckers too. Okay and I really love beans. My favorite meal of all is pinto beans and cornbread --- southern style for the beans.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting a comment from you now and then. Be patient, they will appear, I just have to see first if they are OK to publish. No anonymous any more. I am getting too much spam.