Followers

Thursday 18 September 2014

So blue, so beautiful!

Another gorgeous day of a wonderful summer. The morning started out with fog. But fortunately that burned off around 10 AM.
Just what I needed because there was the last guided tour of the season coming up.

We met in the parking lot of the Roosevelt Cottage and went off on our tour around the island.
The weather was incredible beautiful, blue skies, plentiful of sunshine and a slight breeze. Two bold eagle glided by to the delight of my guests.

We saw a small pod of 5 or 6 Minke Whales in the waters around the South end of the island. They were far out and to fast in their movements for me to catch them.
You can barely make out one dorsal fin above the waves just before they dived again. And I didn't have my tele lens either.
At another beach my guests were captivated by the pebbles and the seals which sunned themselves on the rocks.

The wind carried their hoarse barking over to us. They were frolicking in the waves, jumping and smashing their tails onto the water.
It was a hard time to keep my my time frame. We wanted to linger longer, much longer so badly.
We visited the harbour and of course the light house. The tide was still high and we could not get over to see it in full. Nonetheless it was a beautiful view.
All in all it was a success, again.
What a wonderful day to end the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting a comment from you now and then. Be patient, they will appear, I just have to see first if they are OK to publish. No anonymous any more. I am getting too much spam.