Followers

Sunday 25 September 2011

Apples! Help!


We have so many apples, we are drowning! I counted six different types but there might be more. It is all in a wilderness behind our house.
But - we have no idea what type of apples they are. Do you? I would love to learn more about it!

Maybe Gala, Jonathan, Red Astrachan?
We are making apple jelly, apple sauce, apple pie, sauerkraut with apples, stew with apples and so on...

Maybe Cortland?

Some are bigger than the others, dark red, nearly purple, and
juicy and sweet. I love them the best!




Cort pendu plat, Limbertwig?






Others are small and orange.








Lubsk Queen?


Another tree has apples that are pale green, nearly translucent
with tiny red spots. They were very, very tart,sour when I tried a bite.



Sheepnose, Gilliflower?





These I found today, have not have the chance to try what they are like.
Shape is longer than wide. Conical






Pink Lady, Pink Pearl?





This type is pale with pink stripes. They taste sweet, but have a grainy texture.
Very good for apple sauce. White flesh with a pink blush.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting a comment from you now and then. Be patient, they will appear, I just have to see first if they are OK to publish. No anonymous any more. I am getting too much spam.