Followers

Sunday 25 March 2012

Travelling East, Day 3

Day 3 of our travel home brought us to a rest area (Ozark, mm36) east of Fort Smith, AR. I think we are doing a good milage.
Google Maps show our progress.
We escaped the 30 m/h winds of Amarillo, TX because we started early while the air still was foggy and calm. 
Morning Fog (Frühnebel)
The drive was uneventful, luckily, and now I am doing what I should: preparing supper. 
We will have potatoes, cauliflower and slices of ham today.
While J.P. is cleaning the bugs off the windshield I get the writing done.
Too many bugs died here today...
(Zu viele Mücken auf der Windschutzscheibe!)
Impressions of the day:

Texas Longhorn Cattle
Spring is in the air
(Frühling ist nicht mehr weit)
A Bald Eagle along the road
(Adler im Baum entlang der Autobahn)


Unser dritter Reisetag verlief glücklicherweise ohne Zwischenfälle. Wir verliessen Amarillo noch vor Sonnenaufgang weil wir den kräftigen Winden (48 km/ Std) entgehen wollten. Es war zuerst ziemlich neblig und windstill. 
Jetzt sind wir in im Staat Arkansas, auf einem Rastplatz östlich von Fort Smith und ich betätige mich mal wieder in der Küche. Heute gibt es Kartoffeln, Blumenkohl und gekochter Schinken.

1 comment:

  1. We too noticed the more than usual "bugs" on the windshield. The most I have ever seen.
    So happy to be home ! My kitchen is soooo big, room to have my own space....for sure there is 'no place like home "

    Welcome home ! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

I love getting a comment from you now and then. Be patient, they will appear, I just have to see first if they are OK to publish. No anonymous any more. I am getting too much spam.