Followers

Monday 22 October 2012

Vegetable stew/soup

First I want to welcome Kitty Moore in my kitchen! Hope you enjoy my rambling about food and other stuff.

Today things were pretty easy.

Hubby was away all day and called later to tell me that I needn't make a big supper.
OK.
I made a thick vegetable stew/soup. Done within 20 min.

Ingredients:
3 potatoes, diced
2 - 3 carrots, sliced
1/2 cup celery, sliced
1/2 small onion, minced
bacon (optional)
pepper
salt
fresh parsley
water or broth

Fry the onion together with the bacon.
Steam vegetables in 2 cups of water or broth until tender. Add the onion/bacon and use a mixer to purée the soup. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with fresh dinner rolls.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not fond of pureed soups so I would make this with chicken broth and leave the lovely chopped veggies intact. The bacon is a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting a comment from you now and then. Be patient, they will appear, I just have to see first if they are OK to publish. No anonymous any more. I am getting too much spam.