Followers

Friday 13 April 2012

Pasta Salad and Garden Chores

What did we do today? Let's sum it up.
I started to clean several windows. I tell you, it takes a while before I get around the whole house. 
A little later a neighbour came along and brought two forsythia root-clumps for my garden. I had to think hard where I would like colour splashes in the spring, but they got each a spot and I hope they will thrive and bloom.

Meanwhile JP. was busy building a square foot box for me (4'x4') so that I can start gardening soon. Have you ever heard of square-foot-gardening"?  Nice for the novice gardener.
The afternoon was used to dig the raspberry roots out of the plot designed for my garden.
One of the black-capped chickadees war not at all shy and I walked up to the feeder ( 10') to take some shots.
Thank you little bird!
While still battling with that immense root system, J. P. announced that he was in the process of making a pasta salad for and grilled sausages for himself.  


That was easy for me. A colourful salad and an orange.


Was haben wir heute alles angestellt?



Am Vormittag have ich angefangen Fenster zu putzen. Das wird ein paar Tage dauern bis ich alle geschafft habe. Später am Vormittag bekam ich zwei Ableger von Forsythiabüschen geschenkt. Die haben dann erst einmal einen Platz gefunden. Hoffentlich wachsen sie auch an.
J.P. hat währenddessen einen Pflanzrahmen für mein Gartenprojekt gebastelt.
Ich habe mir da etwas ausgeguckt das ideal für den ungeübten Gärtner sein soll.
Gärtnern im Quadrat. Eine Art der Hochbeete.
Am Nachmittag habe ich dann Himbeerwurzel ausgerissen damit ich dort dann meinen Garten anlegen kann. Während ich noch mit dem ungeheuer dichten Wurzelnetz kämpfte kam J.P. um mir mitzuteilen das es heute abend Nudelsalat mit Würstchen geben würde. Na da brauchte ich mir nur noch einen bunten Salat anzurichten. 

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'll take the past and the sausage. Those things I'm familiar with. I also love working in a garden. I think that's what I miss most in the RV. I don't have a garden!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting a comment from you now and then. Be patient, they will appear, I just have to see first if they are OK to publish. No anonymous any more. I am getting too much spam.